Taco Bell is one of the most popular chains of fast-food restaurants based in America. The brand has stores at more than 7,000 locations in 31 different countries and more than 350 franchises. Taco Bell is a subsidiary (the Daughter Company) of Yum! Brands, Inc. As of 2021, Taco Bell serves more than 40 million customers each week, at 7,481 restaurants.
For the past 60 years, they have been leading multiple locations worldwide. They have some unique fast-food products and have gained traction and wider acceptance among the industry.
Apple, on the other hand, is a top consumer brand product company with a global reach. They give a vibrant ecosystem to their consumers. For over 8 years now, Apple has been working on its payment standard popularly known as Apple Pay – it makes payment super easy for iOS users. Consider the following Apple Pay statistics:
- Over 66 million new users signed up for Apple Pay in 2020.
- Apple Pay accounts for 43.9% of the mobile payments market in the US.
- The mobile debit wallet market in the US is dominated by Apple Pay with 92% market share in 2020.
- As of 2020, 5,480 banks globally supported Apple Pay.
Does Taco Bell take Apple Pay?
A lot of consumers would like to know whether Taco Bell accepts Apple Pay. Yes, Taco Bell is accepting Apple Pay at its stores since 2019. The fast food restaurant is the first Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) to initiate its mobile ordering and payment app at participating restaurants for both drive-thru and dining-in orders.
Taco Bell has updated its Android mobile and iPhone apps to support ordering and payment. Taco Bell president, Brian Niccol was quoted saying, “We believe mobile ordering and payment is the biggest innovation since the drive-thru. Our new mobile ordering app is just the beginning of how we’re using technology to break down the walls of our restaurants and become more transparent with our customers about our food.”
If you are wondering how you can make payment at Taco Bell using Apple Pay and order your favorite Mexican meals, the article will answer all your questions.
How to Use Apple Pay at Taco Bell?
If you want to use your Apple Pay at any store, you need to set the Apple Pay app on your Apple Devices such as iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, etc. If you have not done it as of now, you can set it up right away.
The first step is to download the Apple Pay app from the App Store. Once done, follow the steps and set it up. You can follow the below steps to pay using Apple Pay at Taco Bell stores:
1. Unlock your iPhone (or iPad) using your Face Id or finger on the home button or enter your security passcode depending on your security setup.
2. Find the contactless payment reader in the Taco Bell store and place your Apple device near the payment reader until you hear a notification tone.
3. Wait for a green checkmark on the payment terminal.
4. You have to press the ‘Done’ button on your phone screen for confirmation and to complete your payment through Apple Pay.
5. A confirmation is received on your Apple Pay app.
Does Taco Bell accept Apple Pay at Drive-thru?
Consumers are also interested to know whether they can make payment when they order at the drive-thru. The good news for consumers is that they can use Apple Pay at the drive-thru also, over and above accepting it in-store. It not only saves your time but also makes the experience seamless.
Is cashback available when paying through Apple Pay?
If you use your Apple Pay Card, you are eligible for cashback from Apple. You will get cashback as many times as you pay the payment at the store – there is no transactional limit for the cashback. You get 3% cashback for every payment you make at the Taco Store using Apple Pay Card. However, the terms and conditions keep changing, and hence you should check the exact terms and conditions on the Apple website.
What are the benefits of using Apple Pay at Taco Bell?
Both Taco Bell and Apple are consumer-friendly companies, and they have been working together to make it easy for their customers to make effortless transactions. Below are some benefits of using Apple Pat at Taco Bell:
- You can get discounts when you add your debit card to Apple Pay and complete the payment.
- When you carry the Apple Pay app on your phone, you don’t have to carry too many cards for different payments.
- Apple pay is highly secure, and you can make payments without any second thoughts.
- Since the dependency on cash is gone, it speeds up the check-out time.
- The payment is completed in just a few seconds.
We hope we have covered everything related to Apple Pay payment at Taco Bell stores. With Apple Pay, you can pay for Taco Bell orders; the service is available on iPhones as well as Apple Watches. Take advantage of the digital wallet revolution at Taco Bell by making secure payments. In the last few years, Apple Pay has gained popularity, and you should take advantage of it to make seamless payments.
You May Like These Articles As Well: