Star Wars is an entirely different world in itself, with intrepid and awe-inspiring heroes and equally fascinating villains. It’s intriguing to note how closely people of all ages relate to the characters. The characters are the real deal.
Certainly, to make this show an even bigger hit, the characters are played by some of the biggest names in Hollywood. For instance, Greef Karga is played by Carl Weathers, “The Client” is played by Werner Herzog, and Dr Pershing is played by Omid Abtahi.
But wait a second.
Do you know who plays the Mandalorian? Here’s the answer. The Mandalorian is played by Pedro Pascal. Never heard of him? Interested in learning more about him? Keep reading then.
A Star was Born
José Pedro Balmaceda Pascal was born in Santiago, Chile, on April 2, 1975. The 46 years old actor is also known as Alexander Pascal and Pedro Balmaceda. When he was four years old, his family came to the United States of America. Pedro grew up in Orange County, California, and San Antonio, Texas. This is the reason behind the actor’s Chilean-American nationality. He is an alumnus of Bradford School, Chile, Orange County School of the Arts, California, and New York University’s Tisch School of Arts.
Family and Friends
His dad is a medical specialist named José Balmaceda Riera, and his mom is a trained psychologist named Verónica Pascal Ureta. He has 3 siblings and 34 first cousins. Pedro is his father’s second kid. His older sister is Javiera, and his two younger siblings are Nicolás and Lux Pascal. The latter is an actress and transgender activist in his motherland, Chile.
His buddies in the film industry include Sarah Paulson and Oscar Issac.
Before making an appearance in Hollywood movies, Pascal had been a part of various TV shows, namely:
- Game of Thrones
- Good vs. Evil
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- The Good Wife
- The Mentalist
Most Prominent Roles: Pedro Pascal is best recognized for his role as Oberyn Martell in Year 4 of the critically acclaimed epic drama show Game of Thrones. It has an IMDb rating of 9.2. The TV series has a total of 8 seasons, and the first season aired in 2011.
He portrayed Javier Pena in the Netflix show Narcos. The programme has an IMDb score of 8.8 and three series totalling 30 episodes. The show was released in 2015.
Pascal has also starred in Equaliser 2 as Dave York. With an IMDb rating of 6.7, the movie saw a box office collection of $190.4 million.
- The Adjustment Bureau: Directed by George Nolfi, the movie premiered in 2011. Pedro Pascal played the character of Maitre D’ Paul De Santo. The movie has an IMDb rating of 7 and a box office collection of $127.9 million.
- Bloodsucking Bastards: The film’s hook is: “Work. It sucks the life out of you”. Released in January 2015, the film has an IMDb rating of 5.8. Pedro Pascal portrayed Max. It is directed by Brian James O’Connell.
- The Great Wall: Made by Zhang Yimou, the tagline of the film is “One of mankind’s greatest wonders.” 1700 years to build. 5500 miles long. What were they to keep out? Pedro Pascal played the character of Tovar. The IMDb rating for the film is 5.9, with a box office collection of $334.9 million.
- Wonder Woman 1984: The film featuring Gal Gadot was released in December 2020. The tagline of the film is: “A new era of wonder begins”. Pedro Pascal is on as Maxwell Lord. With an IMDb rating of 5.4, the film directed by Patty Jenkins saw a box office collection of $166.5 million.
Upcoming TV Show
The Last of Us: Pedro Pascal is all set to play Joel in this upcoming TV series to be aired on HBO. It is based on a post-apocalyptic tale. His co-stars include Bella Ramsey, Gabriel Luna, and Anna Torv, to name a few.
Awards and Nominations
The Mandalorian starrer has a plethora of accolades to his name. Some of the most coveted ones are:
- He won the Los Angeles Drama Critics Circle Award for his role in the play “Orphans”.
- CinEuphoria Awards for “Game of Thrones”.
- Gold Derby TV Award for the category of Drama Guest Actor of the Decade for “Game of Thrones”.
- Golden Tomato Award for the category of Fan Favourite Actors for “Game of Thrones”.
In addition to these, Pedro has been nominated for several other awards, to list:
- The Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series for his role in Game of Thrones.
- Teen Choice Awards
- MTV Movie + TV Award for Best Hero for ‘The Mandalorian’.
- HCA Award for Best Actor in a Streaming Series, Drama for ‘The Mandalorian’.
The versatile actor is known to have made quite a fortune from being a prominent part of some of the biggest projects in the industry. According to the data put forward by celebritynetworth.com, Pedro Pascal has a net worth of 10 million dollars.
Events, Talk Shows and Social Media
74th British Academy of Film and Television Arts: Pedro Pascal was one of the presenters at the 74th British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA). He was joined by other presenters, which include Priyanka Chopra Jonas, Tom Hiddleston, Felicity Jones, David Oyelowo, James McAvoy, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Phoebe Dynevor, Chiwetel Ejiofor, Cynthia Ervio, Hugh Grant, and Richard E. Grant.
Met Gala 2019: The actor made an appearance at the Met Gala in the year 2019. Elegantly dressed in a beige-coloured, English-fit tuxedo by ‘Burberry’, he was a sight to behold.
The super-talented actor is also popular on a number of social media sites.
Instagram: With 819 posts, Pascal has 2.4 million followers on Instagram. His profile picture frames his 2 nephews, whom the unmarried actor loves to the moon and back.
Twitter: Just like Instagram, Pedro Pascal has close to a million followers on Twitter. 948.6K to be exact.
The bilingual actor has been on some of the well-known TV programmes, including–
Jimmy Kimmel Live: Pedro was invited to Jimmy Kimmel Live in 2017, where he talked about his parents and shared some childhood memories.
The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon: He’s made two appearances on this Show. He was first invited as a guest in 2017, wherein he talked about a funny incident he shared with Jennifer Lawrence. And then he was invited for a second time in the year 2020.
The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: Pascal appeared on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert in 2016 to promote his Netflix show Narcos.
Something more about Pedro Pascal
He was featured on GQ’s YouTube Channel in the episode: 10 Things Pedro Pascal Can’t Live Without. The actor shared his list, which includes,
- Strong Coffee in the morning
- CAP’N CRUNCH
He added his Toms as the 11th essential. This is a video that you must see immediately. Go, enjoy yourself while watching this 5-7 minute humour-packed video.
In this article, we have discussed Pedro Pascal’s personal and professional life. The 46 years old actor has huge potential in acting. Let’s wait for his upcoming show, “The Last of Us,” to be released.