Airpods are wireless headphones that connect to your iPhone via Bluetooth. While they don’t technically connect with an Xbox One, there are ways around it.
First and foremost, the Xbox One has no built-in Bluetooth capability. This means that any Bluetooth headphones or earphones will need to be paired with a third-party device — like an adapter, dongle, or even your phone — that can essentially act as the middleman in this connection.
From there, you’ll have to go through a few more steps to get your AirPods up and running on your Xbox One. It is possible, but the process is not quite as streamlined as it would be if you had a pair of Bluetooth headphones for your gaming console.
What Are Airpods?
Airpods are small, light-weight headphones that connect wirelessly to your device via Bluetooth. They come in regular and mini sizes (for smaller ears). The regular size has an adjustable band to wear them over your ears or on top of your head like traditional headphones; the mini version does not have this feature.
Why Don’t AirPods Work With Xbox One?
The reason Airpods don’t work with Xbox One is because they are designed to work with Apple products. The Airpod design is specific to Apple products, and while they work with some Android devices, they are not designed to work with Microsoft devices like the Xbox.
Airpods rely on Bluetooth technology to connect to devices. The Xbox One S has Bluetooth 4.0 included to connect controllers over Bluetooth. Due to limitations of the OS, it doesn’t support connecting anything else by Bluetooth. This is how the Xbox One S was designed and released by Microsoft.
Bluetooth 5 is not compatible with Bluetooth 4 because there are different specifications for each technology version. With this in mind, there’s no way that Airpods will be able to use Bluetooth 5 to connect with your Xbox One S console.
How To Connect Airpods To Xbox One?
To connect your Airpods to Xbox One, you need to use a Bluetooth adapter.
- Buy an adapter or Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into your Xbox One’s analog audio port.
- If necessary, plug the USB end of the adapter into a USB port on your Xbox One and then pair it with your AirPods as usual. You may need to hold down the pairing button on your adapter/transmitter or put your AirPods in pairing mode before you can pair them with your adapter.
- Once connected, open Party Chat on your Xbox One and ensure you have the correct output device selected—your AirPods!
How To Use Airpods With Xbox One & Series X|S?
If you have an Xbox One, you might be wondering how to use your AirPods with it. The process is similar to the one used for a PS4. Here is a quick guide to get you started.
- First, make sure your AirPods are charged and that your Xbox is turned on.
- Next, connect the AirPods to your Xbox through the “Devices” menu. Once connected, you can turn them on if they’re not already on by pressing the button on the side of the case. You can also change the volume level by pressing and holding both buttons at once until they start flashing green.
- Lastly, you can set up audio preferences in “Settings” under “Audio Output.” Make sure that “Voice Chat” is set to “On” and that “Headphone Volume Control” is set to “High.” You’ll also want to disable any other Bluetooth devices that might be interfering with the connection, like phones or laptops, so there won’t be any interference!
How To Use Airpods For Xbox Party Chat?
If you’re the proud owner of a set of Apple AirPods and you have an Xbox One, you might be wondering how to use your AirPods for party chat.
The good news is that it’s really easy. In this section, we’ll walk you through the process of connecting your AirPods to your Xbox One so that you can use them for voice communication in multiplayer games.
To use Airpods for Xbox Party Chat, please follow these steps:
- Turn on your Xbox.
- Connect your Airpods via Bluetooth using an adapter.
- Make sure they’re connected to the microphone and speakers.
- Go to Party Chat in the Xbox menu.
- Start a party by inviting friends or joining an existing party.
- You can now chat with your friends!
Other Ways To Connect Airpods To Xbox
There are a couple of ways to connect AirPods to your Xbox. The first and most recommended method is through the use of a Bluetooth receiver. This small device is inexpensive and extremely easy to set up; you simply plug the receiver into your Xbox controller and then connect it to your AirPods through Settings.
The second option for connecting your AirPods to an Xbox is by using an adapter cable. This type of connection requires that both devices be close together, but this can sometimes be worth the trade-off if you have limited space in your living room or don’t want to spend money on more hardware.
Here’s how it works: There are two types of adapter cables available. One with an audio jack (3.5mm), which connects directly into the headset port on your controller; another uses USB-C technology. This allows connectivity between devices such as controllers and headsets via USB ports found most often behind televisions or game consoles like the Xbox One X or S models.
Which Other Devices Do Airpods Connect With?
Airpods are made to connect to Apple devices. Other devices, such as Android phones or Windows computers, may be able to connect with Airpods, but the connection may not always work correctly.
For the most immersive gaming experience, we recommend using Airpods. They connect easily and quickly to your Xbox One console using an adapter and provide a high-quality listening experience with their noise-canceling technology. We hope this article helped you understand how to connect Airpods with an Xbox One console.
You May Like These Articles As Well: