More and more people are having trouble with their digestive system. Heartburn is a common complaint. Maybe the American diet is to blame with too much sugar, fat, and over-processed foods. But, whatever causes digestive problems, everyone suffering wants help. Those suffering from digestive problems can visit their doctors for helpful advice and medication. That advice might include the need to improve one’s diet as well as adding quality enzymes.
Can A Person Add Healthy Enzymes?
One way of improving your digestion is to take a supplement that contains the right digestive enzymes. Digestive supplements like MassZymes contain a full spectrum of plant-based and concentrated enzymes and high concentrations of proteases that can help the digestive system work better. When the digestive system works better, a person will absorb more nutrients from the food they eat and become healthier over time.
Enzymes have an important job in a body’s gut. They help food be more thoroughly digested so the body can assimilate and absorb the nutrients the foods offer. When the body has sub-optimal digestion, a person can suffer from bloating, irregular stool, weight problems, skin issues, fatigue, problems sleeping, and immune system issues. A person may even have problems concentrating and mood swings. People can eat foods that help them produce more enzymes and they can take good food supplements that contain a complete set of enzymes.
What Are Enzymes?
Enzymes are important proteins that help biochemical reactions happen faster in our guts. There are many kinds of enzymes in our bodies providing this important function. Some of them include:
These enzymes and more are produced naturally by our bodies. The problems begin when the body does not produce enough of those enzymes. They are really important to break down food and nutrients into smaller molecules that are easier for the body to use for many functions. The gut and the pancreas are doing their best to produce digestive enzymes, but they often need help.
Diet And Lifestyle Changes Can Improve Digestion
The first step in improving digestion and making sure to have the enzymes and other factors in line for good digestion is to visit a digestive system specialist a doctor recommends. These health specialists can give their patients science-based steps to improve digestion and heal many digestive problems that are causing distress. Some of the steps to take for better digestion and overall health include:
- Eat whole foods that are high in nutrients and low in processing. Avoid highly processed foods, foods high in additives, refined carbs, saturated fat, artificial sweeteners, and trans fats. In addition, avoid foods with high salt and sugar content. Eat fruits, vegetables, nuts and grains, and lean meats.
- Fiber should be added to the diet in the form of legumes, bran, nuts and seeds, whole grains, and vegetables.
- The body needs enough of the right kinds of fat. This fat is omega-3 fatty acids that can be found in fatty fish like salmon, sardines, and mackerel, seeds and nuts, and other healthy foods.
- Drink enough liquids. Most of us don’t drink enough water during the day. This needs to change to prevent constipation and other digestive problems. Water, herbal teas, and other non-caffeinated liquids should add up to 50 to 66 ounces or more of fluids every day. Another way to get fluids is to eat fruits and vegetables with high water content.
- Manage the stresses of life.
- Get more exercise during the day.
- Discontinue bad habits such as smoking, drinking alcohol, and late-night eating.
- Eat smaller meals more often, chew food thoroughly, and pay attention to your food.
- Make sure you are getting enough probiotics, glutamine, zinc, and digestive enzymes in your diet and in food supplements.
By making these lifestyle and diet changes a person can improve their digestion and overall health.