If you are bad at dealing with financial matters, don’t ignore the importance of self-directed learning. The world is full of knowledge, and we can learn something new every day. Later, we can use wisdom to make our life better. We all know that money problems could be overwhelming. However, if the money issues are severe, it could be a cause of mental and health conditions. One of those prevalent conditions is FINANCIAL FEAR. The expert term of this fear is “Chrometophobia.” We should understand this to deal with the situation. So, let’s start with this:
What Is Chrometophobia? An Ultimate Guide:
The scientific name of financial fear is Chrometophobia, and it is an extreme fear of money. In simple terms, we call everything Chrometophobia when you always think about money. Apart from this you also feel afraid in following conditions:
- You feel scared by touching money
- Spending money
- And you always think about money
Every one of us deals with financial fear at some point in life. According to the experts, four out of five Americans are living in debt. Apart from this, around 15% of households can’t even meet their day-to-day expenses. Here are the following effects of financial fear on health:
|Muscle tension and pain
So, when this situation gets worse and leads towards financial fear or Chrometophobia. But here, it’s vital to keep in mind that the usual fear of money is different from Chrematophobia.
Symptoms of Chrematophobia:
After knowing the basic definition, it’s good to get in-depth details. According to studies and surveys, around 64% of Americans feel stressed about money. But this stress is different from the usual fear. However, like other phobias and fears, it could be abnormal and create further problems. Later, the symptoms could change, and you can see the severity of your condition. Thus, here are the main symptoms that indicate you are dealing with Chrematophobia.
- You feel hesitant while thinking about money.
- People who deal with this condition start avoiding normal fun activities like a family day out, movie night, etc.
- Apart from this, these people feel the urge to count more money again and again.
- But in some conditions, these people refuse to touch the money, or they feel hesitant.
Above all, financial fear is like other phobias that further lead towards other medical conditions. For instance, it could be a cause of depression, anxiety, and hopelessness. So, if you face something like this, then seek professional help as soon as possible.
How To Overcome Financial Fear?
Every case is different; we need to adopt various things to deal with the situation. According to the surveys, now more than 58% of Americans are worried about post-retirement life, and this range is above average. Most financial advisors will agree that there has been a sharp increase in people wanting to sit down one-on-one and compare 401k and other retirement account options. Furthermore, the age range of people concerned about their post-retirement life has decreased. So, this is the reality that money could be a stressful thing. Here are some stats that tell us the situation.
|25% of Americans are worried about money and all other things
|Poor citizens deal up to 60% more health & fitness issues
|Up to 44% of people deal with migraines due to stress and money related fear
Before learning to deal with financial fear, you should keep yourself aware of the causes. If you know the reasons, you will be in a better condition to deal with the anxiety better.
- Money is a complex subject for most people; that’s why people feel uncomfortable while discussing this topic. Due to this, money discussion could be an emotional talk and lead towards Chrematophobia.
- In addition, there is another reason that people consider money as a complex topic. So, they try to spend it wisely, which increases the stress level.
- Everyone earns money after doing hard work. However, people think they don’t deserve to spend hard-earned money, and instead, they should save it for emergency use.
In short, money is a complex topic and involves so many jargons and technical terms. So, collectively all these things lead towards fear, depression, and stress. But here are some ways that will help you to overcome the situation.
Acknowledge your shortcomings:
We already said that money management is a complex and stressful topic. But it would help if you acknowledge your fear. Later, you would be able to take the right actions that go best with the situation. For instance, if you are dealing with money scarcity, then you can cut down unnecessary expenses. However, your main goal should be to become aware of the fear and improve problems by working on them.
Keep track of your finances:
If you want to deal with financial matters, don’t forget to keep track of your money. You can increase your tension by maintaining the bills and funds unattended and without management. So, it doesn’t matter if you are self-employed or not, and use a paystub maker to keep track. You can find many online paystub generators to manage the earning, taxes, and basic salary. Here are some tips to use while keeping track of money:
- Don’t forget to include all sources, even if you are earning a few dollars
- Write down all your debts and prioritize according to the interest rate
- Identify your spending patterns
- Don’t forget to make even if the change is small
But during all these things, keep an easy hand on yourself because stressful money management can lead to stress. So, learn from your mistakes and improve later.
Stick to the plan:
Consistency is the key to success, whether it’s in processes or daily life habits. So, follow the same thing and draft a whole plan before getting into money management. For instance, observe your spending habits and then allocate an amount to each section. Apart from this, here are the following tips that will help throughout the process:
- Identify all problems that you are facing related to money
- Brainstorm a solution by sitting with your friends or family because two heads are better than one
- Put your plan in action and monitor your progress by comparing results with set standards
Apart from this, it’s vital to keep in mind that if something goes wrong, don’t feel setback. Always stick to the plan until you get the chance to enjoy success.
Seek an expert’s help:
If nothing is working fine and your financial fear increases day by day, then the time has come to seek professional help. Many people think of this as taboo and prefer dealing with mental and health issues instead of seeking help. But this isn’t the right approach, and you should consider your loved ones as a stress reliever. An expert can provide you with other advice like:
- Create monthly budget
- Manage the stress level by boosting your self-esteem and involving yourself in physical activities
- Eat healthily and think optimistically.
Finally, always remain grateful for things that you have in life. Moreover, it’s vital to remember that money isn’t more significant than your mental peace and physical health. Thus, self-care should come first, and remember what is essential for you to deal with.