Chipotle is one of the fastest-growing fast-food chains in the United States, focusing on Mexican-inspired food and dishes. It also has locations in 44 countries around the world. Chipotle also committed to using only responsibly raised, unfrozen, non-antibiotic meat. Your burritos, quesadillas, and many more will always taste fresh and great. However, does Chipotle accept Apple Pay?
Chipotle started accepting Apple Pay in their stores beginning May 2020. However, you can already use Apple Pay to pay for purchases from the Chipotle app for some time. You may now pay for your over-the-counter, drive-through, or delivery purchases using Apple Pay.
This article discusses if Chipotle accepts Apple Pay and how you can use it to pay for your purchases over the counter, drive-through, or in-app.
How To Set Up Apple Pay
Start the ‘Wallet’ app on your Apple device, preferably an iPhone, to set up Apple Pay. You need a credit or debit card to use Apple Pay, so have that prepared first. Just enter your card information, agree to Apple’s policy and confirm your request with your bank to start using Apple Pay.
If you are interested in using Apple Pay at Chipotle, you may need to start by ensuring you have access to Apple Pay in the first place.
Fortunately, setting up Apple Pay is an easy process. You just need an Apple device and an active credit or debit card.
The set-up process is fast and straightforward, requiring only a few minutes. Just prepare your iPhone and your credit or debit card before you start the process below:
- Open ‘Wallet’ app from your phone.
- Inside the app, you may see a ‘+’ symbol at the top corner. Tap to insert a new payment method.
- You may see some introduction about Apple Pay and how it works. You will also see information on how Apple handles your personal data. Tap’ continue.’
- You should now see some payment options. Tap ‘credit card’ and continue.
- You may manually enter your credit card details here or scan your card with your camera to enter the details. Always double-check the details before proceeding.
- Key in your CVV number. The CVV number should be on the back of your card. For American Express cards, the CVV is on the front of your card, usually in four digits.
- Read the terms and conditions. Tap agree to proceed. If you disagree with the terms, you may not use Apple Pay.
- You also need to grant Apply your location information. This helps Apple to track the location of your purchase.
- Next, you will verify your card. Apple may try to verify your card by sending you a verification code through a phone call or text.
- If required, you may need to call your bank and confirm your application to use Apple Pay.
- Once verified, you should see a graphic representation of your card inside your Apple Pay app. You are now good to go!
You may like this article: Does Popeyes Take Apple Pay?
How To Pay With Apple Pay At Chipotle’s Counter?
To pay at Chipotle with Apple Pay, just place your order and tell your cashier that you intend to pay with Apple Pay. Bring your phone close to the NFC card reader. You may need to enter your ID or scan your fingerprint on your phone to confirm payment.
Beginning May 2020, Chipotle now accepts payment for your orders over the counter with Apple Pay. If you plan to use Apple Pay for your purchases, simply follow the steps below:
- First, observe the counter for signs that the restaurant accepts Apple Pay. All Chipotle restaurants should accept it, but you could always check again just in case.
- Place your order with the cashier.
- Once you complete your order, the cashier should tell you how much it will cost and may ask how you plan to pay for it.
- Inform the cashier that you will pay with Apple Pay.
- After setting up the cash register, the cashier might ask you to bring your phone close to the NFC card reader.
- You may hear a beep sound.
- Your device may ask you to enter your ID or perform a fingerprint scan to confirm your identity.
- If the transaction works, a message will appear on your phone’s screen.
You are done, and you should get a receipt. Wait a few minutes, and your fresh burrito or quesadillas should be ready.
How To Pay With Apple Pay At Chipotle’s Drive-through?
The same thing should happen when you pay at the drive-through at Chipotle and at the counter. The only difference is that you place your order at the first station, pay at the second, and only then can you pick up your order at the final station.
At Chipotle’s drive-through, paying with Apple Pay is the same as paying at the counter. The only difference is that you may be doing it in a car, which may bring its own set of challenges. You may sometimes park too far to reach the NFC card reader to pay.
But your cashier should be able to pass the NFC card reader to you. Just make sure to give it back before you leave.
- Pull up to the drive-through window and give your order to the cashier.
- When you place an order, you should be told how much you have to pay. Prepare your Apple device to pay later.
- Let the cashier know that you intend to pay with Apple Pay when you get to the next station to spend.
- Like when you pay at the counter, bring your Apple device close to the NFC card reader.
- Generally, you do not have to leave your car or give up your phone or watch when making a drive-through payment. If you can not reach the card reader, the cashier should be able to give it to you.
- You may hear a beep when your device is close to the NFC scanner.
- Your device may prompt you to enter your ID or perform a fingerprint scan to confirm your identity.
- If the transaction works, a message will appear on your phone’s screen.
- Before you go to the next station, give the NFC back to the cashier.
How To Pay With Apple Pay At Chipotle’s App?
To use Apple Pay in the Chipotle app, you may start by placing your order. Choose Apple Pay when you check out. Then, you choose which cards you want to use to pay, and Chipotle will bill the card accordingly. Your device may ask for your ID or perform a fingerprint scan.
After making your orders Inside the Chipotle app, you can also use Apple Pay to pay for them. You can then decide how to get the order – Delivered to you, pick up, or dine in.
For delivery, Chipotle may be delivering its orders through Uber Eats. You may also specify a restaurant to pick up your order. You can pick up your order over the counter or drive-through.
Once you pick up the order, you may decide to take it away or dine in. To order from the Chipotle app using Apple Pay:
- Start by making your order through your Chipotle app.
- Choose the delivery method you want when you check out.
- Choose Apple Pay for the option to make a payment.
- You might be asked to choose which card you want to use to pay.
- Your device may request you to enter your ID, or perform a fingerprint scan. This allows the device to confirm that you are authorizing the payment.
- If you choose to have your order delivered, your order may be delivered via Uber Eats. Ensure to communicate with your delivery person over the app for timely and easy delivery.
- If you want to pick up your order, ensure to select the correct Chipotle restaurant to avoid mistakes or delays.
You may like this article: Does Burger King Accept Apple Pay?
What Other Popular Restaurants Accept Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is widely accepted in many famous restaurants in the US, such as Jamba Juice, Fuddruckers, Chick-fil-a, Chili’s, Firehouse Subs, Fuddruckers, In-N-Out, Jersey Mike’s Subs, Johnny Rockets, Dunkin Donuts, KFC, McDonald’s, Panera Bread, Peet’s Coffee, Pizza Hut, Jack In The Box and many more.
Apple Pay is accepted in over 2.5 million retail locations across the US. This covers up to around 85% of all payment counters available. This means Apple Pay is very well accepted.
You may pay for an extensive array of purchases with it, not just food but grocery, clothing, lodging, fuel, and more.
When it comes to food, almost all major fast food restaurants accept Apple Pay. The following list is non-exhaustive, as Apple is still adding restaurants to this list.
How To Know If A Business Accepts Apple Pay?
You may observe around the payment counter if there is a logo that says ‘Apple Pay accepted,’ or you may ask the cashier directly. You can also check online if the business accepts Apple Pay before visiting. Always prepare some alternative payment method in case you need to use it.
In general, Apple Pay is accepted in over 85% of retail locations around the US, so you should not have any issues paying for your purchases with it. Some major businesses that do not take Apple Pay would be CVS, Walmart, or Home Depot.
However, you may check if a place accepts Apple Pay in several ways. First, you can always check online to confirm. A simple Google search such as ‘does X accepts Apple Pay’ would reveal all the information you need.
Suppose you are walking into a store or restaurant. In that case, you can take some time and observe at the payment counter if there is a white Apple logo with the statement ‘Apple Pay accepted. If you see this, the counter accepts Apple Pay.
If you do not see any, do not simply assume that these cashiers do not accept Apple Pay. Ask the cashier to confirm, as some merchants prefer not to show these logos. They prefer you to pay cash, but when you ask for Apple Pay, they will accept Apple Pay.
However, there is an adage out there that Cash Is King. This is why you should still carry some cash in hand. If Apple Pay does not work, you can always pay for your purchases with cash.