If you’ve been struggling to set up your BBC iPlayer account on your Roku device, you’ve come to the right place! BBC iPlayer is an excellent streaming service that has a loyal fanbase in the UK and elsewhere. If you live anywhere but the UK, you cannot access the streaming platform, since its geo-restricted everywhere outside the United Kingdom.
You can, however, use a VPN to access the platform and not miss out on the amazing shows it carries. It has a range of popular shows such as Roadkill, Top Gear, Life, The Rape Game and more. The BBC iPlayer is available on the Roku Channel for free.
Your Roku device can be set up to stream BBC iPlayer no matter if you are not in the UK. The only downside of the device is that you cannot access streaming websites from other countries like the US on Roku.
Instead, what a VPN does is provide you with a British IP address and trick the platform into believing you are in the UK. Today, we have created a quick guide to set you up so that you can quickly stream BBC iPlayer in the US easily.
Features Of BBC iPlayer:
The streaming platform has some amazing features we would like to share with you today:
- It can stream live channels and tailors content according to your preference.
- Content quality is HD, and it also carries closed captions.
- Carries live programs, movies, documentaries, comedy, news and live action sports events.
- TV guide carries a schedule of live shows.
- Download option allows you to watch your favorite content later.
Best BBC iPlayer Shows:
There are multiple shows that have made it big on the platform, such as;
- Killing Eve
- Gavin and Stacy
- The Mysterious Murder of Nipsey Hussle
- Stacey Dooley Investigates
- The Nest
- London Kills
- Line of Duty
- Our Girl
Quick Steps To Stream BBC iPlayer On Your Roku:
You can follow the steps below to stream BBC iPlayer on your Roku. Just ensure that the Roku device has an OS version 9.3 and above.
Step #1: Install a VPN
First, you will need to install a VPN app. Follow the steps as shared by the VPN provider and run the VPN app on your Roku.
- Select a suitable VPN provider. Our recommendation is ExpressVPN.
- Set up the VPN and establish the connection.
- Connect your Roku to the same Wi-Fi your VPN is connected to
- Traffic from Roku will be sent through the tunnel via the VPN
Step #2: Restart Your Roku
- Connect TV with the Roku device
- On the Roku remote, simply press the Home button.
- Go to Settings, then Advanced System Settings followed by Factory Reset.
- Press the Factory Reset again.
- The Reset process should be initiated.
Step #3: Make an Account (British) using Your Roku device
Once you have established a connection with the VPN and reset your device to factory settings, the next step is to make a British Account for your Roku device.
- Make a Roku account
- Login to your account using the credentials
- You will be prompted for an original pin code.
- It will ask you for your payment method (Paypal or debit/credit card)
- On your remote, press the Home button.
- On the screen, navigate to the Streaming Channels and then tap on Search Channels
- Look for BBC iPlayer, then press the Add Channel button
- Sign into the account of BBC iPlayer and simply enjoy streaming!
Why Should You Use A VPN?
A VPN will allow you uninterrupted, seamless experience while you stream your favorite content from BBC iPlayer. There will be no lags and buffering, and your data will be secure owing to the military-grade encryption protocols that VPNs carry.
What Devices are Compatible with BBC iPlayer?
- Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV
- Smart TV
- Xbox and other gaming consoles
- Apple TV
- iOS (iPhone, iPad or iPod)
What is the BBC iPlayer?
It’s an online streaming app for BBC’s original programming and live shows. It’s an on-demand streaming platform.
Can I Access BBC iPlayer on My Roku if I Live outside the UK?
If you live outside the UK, you won’t be able to access Roku without a VPN.
Why is BBC iPlayer not Accessible on Roku?
If you are a non-UK resident, you cannot watch BBC iPlayer on your Roku. If you are a UK resident, you need to update the Roku and then look for the BBC iPlayer app.
Can I Get BBC iPlayer for Free?
Yes, the BBC iPlayer app is free to use on your devices.
We hope this guide was helpful in setting up BBC iPlayer in the US on your Roku device. Use all the steps provided above properly to make sure you don’t face any issue in accessing BBC iPlayer on your Roku device in the US. Happy streaming!